Graduate of East Ascension High School (1996)
Louisiana State University, B.S. in Economics (2000)
Louisiana State University, Paul M. Hebert Center, J.D. (2003)
- Selected for Louisiana Law Review and Chancellor’s List
- Ranked in the top 16% of graduating class
Partner | Percy, Lanoux & Mumphrey | Gonzales, LA
(July 2007 – Present)
Partner in a 6-member firm that serves Ascension Parish and the surrounding areas. Diverse civil practice comprised of representing individuals and businesses, governmental bodies, and non-profits. At least 80% of practice devoted to litigation in state and federal courts.
City Attorney, Gonzales, Louisiana.
(February 2015 – Present)
Chief legal adviser for the City of Gonzales, Police Department, and Fire Department, appear at all City Council meetings, frequently provide legal opinions on various city matters, and represent the City in litigation.
Associate | Phelps Dunbar, LLP | Baton Rouge, LA
(September 2003 – July 2007)
Associate in the commercial litigation section of the firm. Received valuable experience working on complex commercial cases relating to construction, contract disputes, insurance defense, and anti-trust.
Leadership | Community Involvement
- Board of Directors, Ascension Chamber of Commerce (2014-present), Chairwoman of the Board (2017), Chair of Leadership Ascension Committee (2018)
- Louisiana State Bar Association (2003 – Present), Mentor to Newly Admitted Attorney (2017-2018)
- 23rd Judicial District Bar Association, President (2017), Scholarship Committee (2013-2017), V.P. of Public Relations (2015-2016)
- Represents Ascension on Baton Rouge Area Chamber Board of Directors (BRAC) (2017 – Present)
- Graduate of Leadership Ascension (2009)
- Small Business of the Year Nominee, Ascension Chamber of Commerce (2014)
- Advisory School Board, St. John Primary/St. Theresa Middle Schools (2015-2017)
- Co-Founder, Board Member, Treasurer and pro bono legal adviser, Project Kidz Kove (2009-present), a 501(c)(3) charitable organization; successfully raised over $1 million in private and public funds to design and construct a universally accessible park in Ascension Parish for children with disabilities to play alongside all children, opened in the fall of 2014.
- Rotary Club of East Ascension (2014-present), Membership Committee
- The ARC of East Ascension
- Lifelong member of St. Theresa of Avila Catholic Church (Youth Minister since 2006)
- Former member of the Baton Rouge Bar Association (2003-2008), Belly Up to the Bar Committee (2004), High School Mock Trial (2003)
- Former member of Dean Henry George McMahon American Inn of Court (2005-2008)